Nevertheless, it is a very important task that should be done at least for every few months if you wish your vacuum cleaner to clean effectively and helps in preventing dust and energy-related sniffling in the home. So, How to clean handheld vacuum cleaner? Check this guide and find the easy process.
How to clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner?
You started to clean the carpet with vacuum and you wondered why the room is smelled worse when you started cleaning the carpet, the reason is that you have overlooked cleaning your vacuum cleaner itself. We have to focus on that smelly vacuum, and specifically how to clean the variety of filters for the effectiveness and longevity of this much-used appliance.
Handheld Vacuum maintenance guide
Vacuum cleaners have become nowadays a very necessity for every household. Considering the increase in pollution, the only effective way to clean the surfaces from dust free is vacuuming. There are many varieties of vacuums bagged, bagless, stick, wet and dry, and handheld vacuum cleaners depending on your requirement and preferences. You can easily purchase the best vacuum cleaner but without proper maintenance and care, the appliance will not work smoothly. In this article, we will discuss handheld cleaning instructions and tips to clean a handheld vacuum cleaner.
Handheld Cleaning Instructions
Before you start cleaning your vacuum you need to remember a few things:
- Clean the vacuum in an open and well-ventilated area as this is dusty work.
- Be sure that the vacuum is unplugged.
- Follow the instructions given in the manual.
Steps to clean the handheld vacuum cleaner
- Before you begin to clean unplug the vacuum cleaner.
- Empty the garbage bag of handheld vacuum or remove and dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag.
- Separate every part that can be taken apart to ensure that everything is cleaned properly.
- With the help of scissors carefully cut and remove if any hair, string, yarn or whatever is tangled over the beater bar of the vacuum cleaner.
- To disinfect the bottom of vacuum cleaner rub it with cotton, that is dipped in alcohol. It seems a little extreme, but it is very important to disinfect the bottom of the vacuum cleaner as it travels all over the house and is the dirtiest part of the vacuum cleaner.
- If you can wash or wipe out the handheld vacuum cleaner. Make sure that it is fully dry before you use it again. Take some time to clean and wipe even the seals.
- Completely wipe out the entire vacuum cleaner with a damp microfiber cloth. If you wish to add little sprits of all-purpose cleaner to cloth to give little extra cleaning oomph.
- Change or clean the filters according to manufacturer instructions. Most filters can be rinsed or washed, but be very sure that it is completely dry before putting back it into the machine. If it is not dried completely then mild may grow in the machine. Below are some steps to clean the filter properly:
- Locate where the filter is and refer to the manual of the vacuum cleaner and also note the recommended cleaning procedure.
- First, clean the filter outdoors. When you remove the filter from the machine then dust particles may spread around.
- Remove the excess dirt inside the filter by gently tapping it on side of garbage can. By doing this the most of the trapped dust fall inside the garbage can
- Carefully wash out the filter with cool water to lukewarm water and swill it thoroughly. The filter may get damage if you brush it. Do not clean the filter with soap or abrasive material.
- Let the filter get dry for 24 to 48 hours
- After it completely gets dry, just place it back in the vacuum.
- If there are any scuff marks on the top of vacuum cleaner then rub it with alcohol on the cotton pad so that the vacuum cleaner looks like a new one. The scuff marks will get removed if it rubbed with alcohol on a cotton pad.
- Spray the diluted vinegar on beater brushes attached vacuum brushes. To spread the spray on the sides of the brush just spin the beater brushes. Before using the vacuum allow the vinegar to dry completely. Do not let the vinegar to get on to rubber belt or any other rubber parts of vacuum, as acid has the power to degrade the rubber over the period of time.
- To sanitize inside of vacuum hose, wrap paper towels around the mop handle or broom, dampen the paper towel with a diluted white vinegar solution of one part with two parts of water and rotate that broom handle inside vacuum hose in order to apply vinegar to hose surfaces. Vinegar kills 99% of bacteria and is effective odor remover. In order to avoid the liquid damage to device allow the vinegar to dry completely.
Tips to clean handheld vacuum cleaner
- Wrap any cracked areas on handheld vacuum cleaner hose with duct tape
- To prevent the attachments from sticking, rub the outside of vacuum hose end with wax paper
- Do not allow the bag to become more than ¾ the of full
- Replace the bag on a regular basis to maintain the vacuum cleaner
- Make sure that the bag is attached properly. The method of attaching the bag will differ from one model to another model, one thing that remains constant is, you need to make is that opening of the bag is secured on the nozzle.
- Often make empty the bagless models. It is better to empty it after each use. Regular cleaning of the filter helps to make it work properly.
- Clean the brush roll frequently because certain things get wrapped around the roll that will prevent it from spinning.
A handheld vacuum cleaner is a machine just like other appliances in the home, proper maintenance and cleaning will help it to work as efficiently as it should be. Because of its various working parts sometimes it requires little extra care and thorough cleaning. Just a few minutes of maintenance work could add years to the life of vacuum cleaner. For more details, keep visiting our site www.besthandheldvacuum.reviews regularly.